Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Cleaning/Nesting: Living Room and Dining Room

So, I spent one day in my living room and one day in my dining room cleaning and organizing.

LIVING ROOM:
I sorted the junk stuff from the keep mail.
I cleaned out behind the couches.
I cleaned off the walls.
I cleaned the windows.
I cleaned off the coat rack.
I vacuumed.

All that's left is:
Getting tie backs.
Getting new curtain rods.
Getting a swag across the windows.
Shampooing the carpets.

DINING ROOM:
I (actually Mike) took all of the baby's stuff (the Stock Pile) to the nursery.
I cleaned out my corner China cabinet.
I cleaned out cleaned out all of the storage cabinets.
I took all the stuff that goes to the basement to the basement.
I rearranged the dining room table.
I organized all of my crafts stuff and put all of the stuff in the cabinets.
I displayed some beautiful dishes in my corner China cabinet.

Actually, Mike was a HUGE help today. I couldn't have done as much without him today.

All that's left in there is:
Cleaning the floors.
Mopping.
Cleaning the windows.
Organizing the computer cords and finding a neat, cheap way to hide them.
Getting a curtain for the patio door.
Getting tie backs.

Tomorrow is the second day for both rooms.
Some cleaning shouldn't take too long.
I hope.
I do have to do laundry and run several errands.

Mostly, the curtains and tie backs are a decorative want and not a need, so they will wait until I have the money to get that stuff. With a baby coming, I don't mind putting that stuff off.

No comments:

Post a Comment