Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafty Creations


Mike glazed a clay switch plate cover for the nursery. But, we have 2 light switches and an electrical socket that had ugly, broken, brown covers. So, I headed out to Michael's for some Mod-Podge and scrapbooking paper that went with my nursery colors.

Here's what I did...

I got plain plastic covers from Wal-Mart and Mod-Podge and scrapbooking paper from Michael's.

I cut my scrapbook paper to the size I needed. I left enough of a lip to fold over the back of the covers. I painted a layer of Mod-Podge over the covers with a foam brush. I placed the paper over the cover and hot glued the paper on the back of the covers. Then, I took an exacto knife and cut out the holes for the switch and outlets. I painted a layer of Mod-Podge over the paper again to seal it. When it was dry (about 15 minutes), I left Mike hang the covers.

Here's the breakdown...

Covers...$1 for both
Mod-Podge...$3.50
Scrapbook paper....$0.50

Total...$5

And they look great! Even if the picture isn't so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment