But, I did make these really cute sunflower clips to go on the headbands.
Here's how (just a warning, these pictures aren't great...I took them while sitting on my living room floor last night...):
- Gather your supplies. You will need silk flowers, a hot glue gun and sticks, alligator clips, ribbon, and felt.
- Deconstruct your flowers and leaves by pulling them off the stems and pulling the plastic pieces that hold them together apart. I used 3 sunflowers to make one clip. Each flower had 2 "flowers" (layers, really) so it, to my clips have 6 layers.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap entirely around the clip and hot glue it on.
- Put a ring of hot glue around the first layer and place the second on top. Continue until all layers are glued together.
- Cut the stem of the center off and hot glue it on. Here's the before and after. If this happens, just glue the pieces back together.
- Glue the leaves onto the bottom so you can see them poking out.
- Cut a piece of felt to fit onto your clip and glue it on.
- Now, glue the entire flower onto your felt piece.
- Attach to your hair (this is a picture of it in my hair, even though it's for Norah's headband) or a headband or whatever!