Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Friday, November 26, 2010

A cute clip tutorial...

I'm trying to accomplish making headbands for these 4 girls. I still have the actual headband part to make.

But, I did make these really cute sunflower clips to go on the headbands.

Here's how (just a warning, these pictures aren't great...I took them while sitting on my living room floor last night...):

  1. Gather your supplies. You will need silk flowers, a hot glue gun and sticks, alligator clips, ribbon, and felt.
  2. Deconstruct your flowers and leaves by pulling them off the stems and pulling the plastic pieces that hold them together apart. I used 3 sunflowers to make one clip. Each flower had 2 "flowers" (layers, really) so it, to my clips have 6 layers.
  3. Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap entirely around the clip and hot glue it on.
  4. Put a ring of hot glue around the first layer and place the second on top. Continue until all layers are glued together.
  5. Cut the stem of the center off and hot glue it on. Here's the before and after. If this happens, just glue the pieces back together.
  6. Glue the leaves onto the bottom so you can see them poking out.
  7. Cut a piece of felt to fit onto your clip and glue it on.
  8. Now, glue the entire flower onto your felt piece.
  9. Attach to your hair (this is a picture of it in my hair, even though it's for Norah's headband) or a headband or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment