Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Frugal Finds: Meat

Despite my pledge to buy only meat from the local farmers' market open on only Fridays, I went to the freezer to find out we were out of venison (the preferred meat in this household). I hadn't realized that we were out because my wonderful hubby usually runs to the big freezer in the basement for me. Ground venison (really, any venison) is lean and cooks well, without leaving too much of a wild game taste. So, off I went to my local Weis Markets. And this is what I found!

When I do buy burger, I buy extra lean, especially since we are so used to venison. I would have to say that this past year, about 50% of our ground meat consumption was deer meat (venison). Too much fat makes us both feel sick.

I could have kicked myself now for not buying more than 3 lbs. That will only last us 2 weeks.

But, if you're in the Ephrata area and are in need of some extra lean ground beef, hit up Weis Markets. Be sure to bring your club card.

I'll be using it tonight to make Paula Deen's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment