Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

How Lily Relates To Me And My God

Last week, my Lily was lost for about 7 hours.

She got out in the rain. Poor girl.

But, when she was returned home to us, the joy in my heart reminded me of the Bible story of the prodigal son found in Luke 15.

You see, this son wanted his inheritance. He didn't care that his father was still alive and well. He wanted his money in order to live the fast life and enjoy the spoils of the world.

His brother, meanwhile, stayed at home with the father and helped cultivate the land.

It ended up that the son that took his money blew it all. He had to live and eat with the pigs.

He decided to go home because he knew his father hired servants and fed them well. He thought that just maybe, even after the way he treated his father, he could become a hired servant in his family's home.

When he was on the way home, his father saw him and took compassion on him. When the son apologized and asked to be made a servant, his father was even more filled with compassion and put him in his best robes. He made him his son again.

Now, if you know the story, you know that the other son was angered by this...but that's not where I'm going with this story.

Where I'm going with this is that I was happy when Lily came home. When she was found. I didn't care what happened, I only cared that she was home.

Then I realized, that's how my God is. He doesn't care what I've done or where I've been. He only cares that I've come to my senses, asked His forgiveness, and come home. He's gonna take care of me, even when I blow Him off.

I'm in complete awe that God would do that for me. Of what consequence am I that He would even think about taking me back when He could spend His time on better things? Thankfully, I've got a compassionate God to take care of me!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. So true. Glad you dog is o.k. I know they become members of the family.

    ReplyDelete