Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turnover Recipe


This one is super yummy!

Ingredients:

1 C. flour

1/2 C. butter

1
/8 t. salt

3 oz. cream cheese

Flavored jam of choice OR 1 small can of pie filling

Glaze recipe (below)

1 t. orange peel finely grated
(I didn't have an orange, so I substituted the same amount of orange extract, which I did have!)

Directions:


Mix ingredients together in a bowl. This is a good time to take any rings or watches or bra
celets off because you'll need to use your hands. Cover and refrigerate at least a hour. (I wrapped the dough in Saran Wrap...)

Heat oven to 375°F. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2 inch circles (or use the floured edge of a glass). Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam or pie filling on the center of the circle. Moisten edge with water and fold edge over. Pinch or press edges with a fork to seal. Place
1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are a light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with orange glaze, after the cookies cool.


TIP: Last Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me a pirogi maker from Tupperware. It's perfect for this. If you fold it open, you can use it to cut your circle, then you can put the dough circle in it and use it to pinch the turnover closed. I took a couple different pictures of a few different ways to make the turnovers. You can also cut 2 circles out with the cup and make circle turnovers.

Glaze!


Ingredients:


1/2 C. confectionery sugar

1/2 t. orange peel finely grated (again, I didn't have an orange, so I used the same amount of orange extract.)

2 - 3 t. orange juice


Directions:


Mix all ingredients together until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.

Drizzle over hot turnovers.

Enjoy! These are marvelous! You can make cherry (like I did) or use jam or preserves in your favorite flavor, like raspberry, strawberry, peach, whatever!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are enjoying the tupperware pirogi maker. I used it also for making apple dumpling desserts this fall.

    ReplyDelete