Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Today's Fun Creation!

With Mike being home, I need something to do too. I just can't sit around looking at the wall all day.

So, I decided to be productive.

Wednesday, I started on a rag quilt that is black and white and black and white polka dots. I was starting to go bug-eyed. I ended up running out to JoAnn Fabrics and I got some really cool fabrics on sale.

I got Snuggle Fleece (made for babies) which is printed for $2.50 a yard and then some solid fleece for $2.00 a yard. I ended up getting 2 yards of each in 2 different prints and 2 different solids. Then, I got some Calico quilting cotton that's printed for $3.50 a yard and then some solid cottons for $2.00 a yard. So, I got 1 1/2 yards of each in 2 different prints and 2 different solids. I ended up saving somewhere around 42% on my bill.

My motto, I must say, is if it's not on sale and you don't need it, don't buy it.

With the fleece, I made 8 burpee cloths out of 1/2 of the fabric, and I'll make 8 more this weekend. With the cottons, I plan to make some diaper and wipe holders that fit neatly into your purse or diaper bag.

If you are interested, they will be available on etsy.com with in about a week, along with some homemade lip balms that I've made. My name on there is homemadehappens.

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! You're starting to sound more like me -- making so many homemade things. I don't have an etsy, though. I've thought about it and I know I want to set something up to sell some of my creations eventually, but I'm not quite ready, and I'm not sure if it should be an etsy or just another blog. I have a friend who just set up a separate blog to sell her homemade candles. I've also heard of others setting up etsys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure now if I want to set up an etsy because of sales tax. I don't know whether or not I need to charge it and submit it. While it would be nice to use that to make extra money, I just want to be able to fund my crafting habits.

    ReplyDelete