Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mmmmmm....


Hungry yet?

This evening I decided to do something for my love. He's been asking for my chocolate chip cookies, so I obliged. But, they're not really "mine."

Several years ago, I was given this recipe by a customer. Her name started with a T, and I don't really want to put it out there, because it's against the privacy policy that I have to follow, so I'll just call her T.

T's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) room temperature butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (I use half a bag)

NOTE: I always use my KitchenAide mixer...at the very least, use a hand mixer.

Cream the butter and sugars until smooth (about 3 minutes). Add egg, then vanilla. Dissolve the soda in the water and add to mixture with salt. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add chips (I usually mix these in by hand). Roll into 1 inch sized balls. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet with enough room for them to spread (about 1 to 2 inches apart). Bake at 350 for 5 minutes on the bottom shelf, then 5 minutes on the top shelf. When they are done baking, leave them on the cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes more. Cool on cooking racks.

Makes about 2 dozen (tonight I got 2 dozen plus 3).

Oh, and if you are gonna store them for longer than a few days, either freeze them or put them in a zip-lock bag with a piece of bread to keep them fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment