Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Jersey Sew-Down

This past week, I made a jersey for N.

She comes to my hubby's brother's high school football games and cheers him to victory. But, the only proper way to do that is to support her team with the proper attire.

So, I invited my grandma over (she's super!) and she cut the pieces for me. We took a shirt of N's and made a pattern. We cut the front and back longer to create a yoke (that straight piece of fabric at the top of the shirt in jerseys and button-downs), we cut the sleeves, the front's neck piece was cut a little lower, and then we cut inserts to go down the side of the shirt, like a jersey.

She had some knit scraps that we used. After I sewed it all together, I took puffy paint and painted her uncle's number on it and our last name on the back. Now, they match!

We got so many comments on it. Now she's stylin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment