Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Frugal Finds: CVS

I've been reading a ton of blogs about shopping at CVS.

So, I thought I'd give it a shot.

First thing I did was dig out my Extra Care Card. It's free and can be used right away and it can earn you money that you can use on products on future purchases.

Next, I clipped coupons. I have a TON of coupons. I only clip the good ones, the ones for products I use and only if they are for money off of 1, unless I usually buy 2 or more (like yogurts).

Then, I compared my coupons to the CVS flier. I was eager to get some deals today. I wanted out of the house. I pulled the coupons for items I use and products on sale, and off I went, with coupons, flier and CVS card.

When you get there, scan your card for coupons. It'll print out extra coupons only available for cardholders.

So, this was my score today!
  • I got 2 bottles of Dawn Hand Renewal dish liquid. Normally $1.69. On sale for $0.96 each. I had a $1 off 2 bottles coupon. I got 2 bottles for $0.92 ($0.46 each). I saved $2.46 on 2 ($1.23 each).
  • I got a bottle of Dawn dish liquid (not above). Normally $1.69. On Sale for $0.96. I had a $0.20 off 1 bottle coupon. I got 1 bottle for $0.76. I saved $0.93.
  • I got a bottle of Fabreeze Fabric Refresher. Normally $6.29. On sale for $4.99. I had a $1 off 1 bottle coupon. I got 1 bottle for $3.99. I saved $2.30.
  • I got a can of Fabreeze AirEffects. Normally $3.59. On sale for $2.99. I had a $1 off 1 can coupon. I got 1 can for $1.99. I saved $1.60.
  • I got 2 bottles of Old Spice body wash. Normally $4.49. On sale for $3.49. I had a $1 off 2 bottles coupon and a buy 1 get 1 free coupon. I stacked these 2 by giving the $1/2 first and the BOGO second. I got 2 bottles for $1.49 ($0.745 each). I saved $7.49 on 2 ($3.745 each).
  • I got a bottle of Tide Cold Water with ActiLift. Normally $8.99. On sale for $5.96. I had a $1 off 1 bottle coupon. I got 1 bottle for $4.96. I saved $4.03.
NOTE: I don't normally use Tide, but thought I'd give it a try with such a good deal going on...I've been tossing the idea around for several weeks.

I also bought a bag of ice.

I paid $16 for everything plus tax. My total was $16.85. My savings was $18.81. Not bad for 15 minutes of work and the cheap on stuff I actually use.
Don't forget to scan your card. I'm headed back because they were out of the fabric softener I wanted and I had to get a rain check. I have a coupon for that too. If I spend $2.02 more on Fabreeze products, I'll have $3.00 off my next purchase at CVS. You can save these Extra Care Bucks and pay for your whole bill that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment