Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hanging Mobile How-To

JUST A WARNING: I'M TERRIBLE AT BEFORE PICTURES, SO YOU'LL ONLY GET THE AFTERS!

My wonderful husband also has wonderful parents.
4 of them.
His dad and step-mom got us a crib.
We bought the bedding.
But, the mobile hanger would not fit on the crib rails.
Which frustrated me to no end.

Finally, I thought, "What if we hang it from the ceiling?"
Mike added, "What if you made something to hang it from the ceiling?"

So, I took the hanger cover and made a way to hang it.
First, I figured out where above the crib it should go. We agreed on centered.
Then, I bought those hooks that come off the walls cleanly when you want to remove them and hung it above the crib.
Next, I measured how far down it should go. Then, I cut a piece of elastic that length.
After that, I sewed a button hole into each end of the hanger cover (to attach to the hook and the mobile) and then tacked the elastic to each end.
I stretched the elastic out to the length of the cover to give it a nice ruffle.
Then, I hung it up!

Here's the finished look!

The close view.
The over-all look.

No comments:

Post a Comment