Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How I Learned to be Thankful...

It's been in my heart for a while now to post on here about being thankful in all things. I never thought I'd be thankful for some of the things I am thankful for.

1 Thessalonians 5 even tells us to be thankful for all things.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

For example, I'm thankful for the daily struggles I face. I'm thankful for only having one vehicle, I'm thankful for household chores.

Before you say, "What!?" let me explain. I never, ever in my wildest dreams thought I'd be thankful for household chores. One day, I was meditating on something God had put into my heart. He was telling me to be thankful, but not just for the good things, for everything. I was having a hard time swallowing that pill. So, while I was mumbling about the amount of laundry there was to be done (and all the while knowing it was my fault for letting it go for several days), God was planning to teach me a lesson.

I was in my basement (and I'll post some pictures of my clean bathroom, where I do all my laundry sorting, instead of my filthy basement (hubby and I tend to just throw stuff down there) so I'll spare you!) getting ready to leave and huffing about all the stinkin' dirty laundy. Where in the world had it all come from?! When all of a sudden, I slipped on the floor. I think there was a piece of cardboard or plastic or something that my flip flops without traction went sliding on. Well, there went a pretty pregnant me, down on the cement floor! I had a huge scrape on my leg and I ended up landing on my side, right where my baby was laying. THANKFULLY, there was my pile of laundry! Placed just perfectly to cushion my fall so I wouldn't land on baby on the cement.

Then, after I had gotten over the shock of the fall, and crying for Mike to come get me and pick me up, I heard this voice saying, "See, I told you to be thankful for every single thing. Next time, you'll listen."

This is how I've learned to be thankful in all things. What unlikely thing are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for cooking and baking. A lot of people don't like to cook or bake, and certainly not from scratch, but I love it! It blesses my heart at how much my family enjoys whatever I make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I completely agree! Once in a great while I'll take a short cut, mostly, we're from scratch...

    ReplyDelete