Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Yummy Apple Crisp

I remembered to take pictures of the process! This must be progress!

I haven't posted a recipe in a while.

With yesterday being Mother's Day, my mom came over for a visit. I would have considered going to her house, but she has 5 cats and my hubby is EXTREMELY allergic to cats...thus, she must come to us.

My aunt took her out to dinner (and I was going to make dinner), so I made a dessert.

Apple Crisp...yum!

Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups baking apples (I used Rome)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (since I used 4 apples, and I like cinnamon, I used 2 teaspoons)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Core, peel, and cut the apples. Be sure to remove any bad or soft spots.
  • Place cut apples into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
  • Sprinkle your cinnamon over the apples.
  • Pour water all over the apples.
  • Cream together the sugar and butter.
  • Blend in the flour (I started with a fork and then graduated to use my hands).
  • Crumble flour mixture over the apples.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes (until the apples are soft) in the preheated oven.
  • Let sit for 10 minutes to cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
  • ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Great post and you did an excellent job with the photos! Way to go girl! It's so nice to be able to visit my friends' blogs again.

    I love how you faithfully post your "Husband Rocks" posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly. He enjoys reading MHRF posts. It's good for his self-esteem and our marriage. It lets him know that I always appreciate him, even if I don't tell him.

    ReplyDelete