Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Marriage Challenge Week 7

So, here it is Friday. I thought I'd give you a little extra time on last week's challenge since it came so late in the week.

How did it go? Did you hold hands a lot?

I got to hold Mike's hand one night as we fell asleep.

So, this week's challenge is a little more difficult. But I know you can do it and I know that you'll be really happy that you did.

Look into your heart and search to find if there is anything that you are holding a grudge against your spouse for. Then, let it go. Forgive him or her and move on. There's no need to inform your spouse of your choice to forgive (YES, forgiving someone is something we have a choice of doing), but you'll know you did it and you'll feel just a little lighter.

Now, a word about forgiveness. I know how hard it is to forgive someone who has betrayed your or hurt you. I understand that sometimes the hurt is so much that forgiveness may seem impossible. But, it is. Forgiving someone doesn't excuse what they did, and it doesn't take the hurt away for what happened. Forgiving someone also doesn't mean that they don't have to answer for what they did or that they get out of trouble. There are consequences for our every action. Forgiving someone simply means you won't hold it against them and you release them from it.

So, forgive your spouse for something. Then, try to forgive them for something else. Continue until you have no more grudges against them. You'll be glad you did.

Homemade Comforts





If you have a blog, grab my button and let me know that you're following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment