Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I guess time always marches on...

My little girl...she's 9 days old today. I need to do newborn pictures tomorrow. I need her daddy's help. It's hard to take photos of a newborn with now one there to help...

But, anyway...about time. It marches on endlessly. My baby should not be going through changes already. NO WAY! She's too little! Already these changes occur. Changes like:
  1. She stays awake for about 2 hours at a shot!
  2. She focuses on my face for the longest time!
  3. She's more hungry!
  4. She can pick her head up (it's usually followed by pushing it down on my shoulder, looking for a meal...)!
  5. Her poop stinks!
  6. She smiles...unintentionally...I think!
  7. She's grown!
  8. She doesn't cry during diaper changes!
  9. Her cord is starting to fall off!
  10. Her burps are getting more like her daddy's...ok, and sometimes her mommy's!
I know she's only 9 days old, but come on! Where's my little baby going?! Can't she stay a tiny baby forever?

Ok, maybe I don't want a tiny baby forever...but it makes me sad to know that in time, she won't be a tiny baby anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Soooo sweet! You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do grow way too quickly! I'm glad you're with her to see the changes. It seems like so many of the changes happen so quickly during the first year and then the changes sort of slow down.

    I'm sorry we didn't get over this week, but we are doing a temporary foster respite placement. He is four and is only with us during the week. And, now Nicholas is sick. We'll be over when we can. I'll call first.

    ReplyDelete