Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

MAKING MY HOME A COZY PLACE TO LAND, ONE IDEA AT A TIME.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Mantel

Hi blog friends! I'm back!

So sorry about that lull...I just had tons going on in my real life and my little girl is turning 1 on Wednesday, so we had a big party for her. Talk about work.

Anyway, here is my summer buffet and mantel!

I must say that I could not have done this without my grandmother. She graciously gave me all of the shells I wanted. She lived in Florida for several years and collected star fish, sea shells, sand dollars, crabs, coral, oyster shells, drift wood and anything else she thought was neat.

Buffet:
All of the glass, I had. And I bought the fabric to make a runner for around $8 from Jo-Ann. I did buy the sand on sale from the hardware store for $2.
This box I got at a yard sale for 50 cents.
There's a crab in there. Can you find it?
These frames I got at a yard sale for $1/pair. I made them with the fabric and some more sea shells. I did have to buy the jute twine...but I can always use that.

The buffet...

Now...The Mantel!
This frame came from another yard sale for $0.25. My grandmother took the photo at the beach last year. That print cost $2.50 from WalMart. The coral came from my hubby's grandmother when she redecorated her bathroom.
Both of these birds are on loan from my grandmother. She got them for her creek but some got washed away.

The mantel!

There ya go! My summer buffet and mantel. Enjoy!

Oh, and how did you decorate yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment